Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Last Saturday as I woke up after sleeping in until 8:32 am because Morgan was with SD, I jumped up in a frenzy. Why you may ask do you jump out of bed, when you can rest without making bottles, changing diapers, and listening to Elmo talk about his world? Because today the cleaning ladies were coming to my house to perform my daily ritual but with more detail, for FREE! Ladies who had come into my life to give me a break from the cleaning burden 2300 sq. feet can put on a single working mom. Ladies brought to me by the grace of God(literally) and through a referral of a dear friend who is in love with a mustard seed. The church I have been attending has challenged our small groups to get out and help the community in any way they see fit. God please bless these women for coming into my home without even knowing me and using their domestic talents.
Now let me just tell you I was humble, I would have much rather have been the one giving and not receiving. I felt that I am sure there is a much more deserving person out there who could use the help more than me. But when I arrived home later in the afternoon to the fresh scent of citrus, a door wall sliding glass door that I could see through without baby fingerprints and dog snot, my bed was made, the bathrooms sparkled, little pieces of cookie didn't stick to my feet in the kitchen, and lines in the carpet where the vacuum had been, I ran around the house leaving my scent everywhere, spinning in circles like Julie Andrews in "The Sound of Music"!! I was so greatful that Morgan and I had more time together to play with her toys, instead of trying to teach her how to use a broom which the dog always ends up getting whacked with not so much fun, for the dog I mean.
My advice to you is if six women want to come into your home and clean for FREE, by all means let them in! You will be so happy you did, and if I ever I win the lottery a cleaning lady is at the top of my list of investments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! A door wall? This was a debate on Suburbanbliss. It is a "sliding glass door" to the rest of the world. You Michiganders are so funny...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it's a sliding glass door and I've lived in Michigan all my life. But I never had a sliding glass door, so my chance for experimenting with different names...not so much.

Kellie Bray said...

Send them my way please....I promise to pay it forward