Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally Spring!

We have been having a great week enjoying the sun and warm weather finally! I have made a point get outside and introduce Morgan to the sky, the grass, the rocks in the driveway(the only thing that she insists on playing with when we are out), the swings, the slide, and the joy of just running outside!! She LOVES it and can feel her excitement when she stops every once in awhile and does her little baby shakin dance, where she does a half squat bends her arms and does a little twist all while shaking her head and sticking out her tongue.
Yesterday we invited ourselves over to the neighbors to enjoy their new swing set. My neighbors have a daugther(Emma) who is 4 and she is mother hen to Morgan. Emma makes sure Morgan does not get hurt and is sure to tell me if Morgan can or cannot do something. Morgan is intrigued by everything right now did I mention EVERY.THING. and has no fear in climbing a swing set that sits just as high as I can reach and she will slide down the big slide forget the little one it is for babies! Needless to say I lost my breathe a couple times last night reaching for my fearless child who thinks it is funny to repeat my gasp for breath! The sandbox was a big hit Emma does not like to get her hands dirty, on the other hand mine goes head first and digs right in sitting smack dab in the middle tossing sand as if it is confetti at a ticker tape parade. It is going to be a long summer trying to contain my baby who is now obsessed with going ou-side(outside)!
So much for the hillbilly wagon pulling in the house......and the milk jug races!We get to play outside in the sun and stare up in the sky for birdies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are just the bestest mommy in town. How fun to enjoy the spring days with sweet pea. I am sure she will look back on those photos and love the hill billy toys just as much as the fancy $100 ones. And just think once you get back from Hearts at Home in Oct. you will have even more great ideas as to how to play, enjoy, teach, and train her. tmp