Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Wind beneath my wings

I have not given up on MEN totally. This man is the reason I have hope for a future.
Meet JayZ(not to be confused by the rapper, alot less rich)......
pictured here with my nephew, his son Luke for a day with Thomas the Train.

He ain't heavy he's my brother. A man for which I know much if not all of his past good and evil. JayZ is eighteen months younger than I and as far back as I could remember we fought like cats and dogs. On a daily basis we would be locked in a room together when we fought. Our mother would always say if you can't play together then you can't play with anyone else, little did she know we would pretend to like each other just to get out of the house and while out of her sight would sling mud pies at each other.
Somewhere around the age of adulthood and maturity we stopped fighting and took a step back to let each other know how much we cared for each other. We were challenged early in life but were given each other to share the burden. Without my brother I would not have respect for things I have or things I have wished for but never received.
I am blessed with a brother who with simple words can remind me of family when I tend to forget and a brother who will tell me off when I get selfish. A man who is a great father to my nephew Luke and a loving husband to my SIL BabZ if she keeps him fed. A brother who loves his niece Morgan as much as I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me cry!-BFFA

Anonymous said...

Were we ALL at Thomas the Train this past weekend??