Wednesday, April 30, 2008

How to get your groove back; Part One

What I am about to tell you may come as a complete shock to some of you, others may just be tuning in and don't know about how long it has been but...................I am going out on Saturday with a MAN. I KNOW! relax, the more giddy you all get the more butterflies infest in my stomach. Now this is what you need to know and what you need to do to help me through this first step(plunge) I haven't taken in OH a generation!

First a little about this man we will call Better than Cheddar(because I know he has a love for cheese) and to protect his identity until a later date. But maybe we should change the name because dear Lord can you imagine if he becomes my husband and I tell him the first time I blogged about him he was Better than Cheddar. Yeha I'm rollin' with it. BTC is a friend of a good friend of mine, couple friends actually, we hung out as a group a few times inter-mingling and having casual conversation. BTC is single, has never been married, has a good job, owns his own home, and is currently dating a young girl who does not live with him. No I am not the young girl BTC is 11 months younger than me, I am the old broad. I have some issues with this arrangement but this is where I need your advise, by going out with BTC am I the other woman? Part of me says yes because he has been dating her for almost 2 years and I can only assume she has a toothbrush at his house. Part of me says no because they are not married or committed by living together. Either way I feel a little weird about the whole thing but don't want it to hinder my chance to just get out and do something!

Second where do we go? I'm thinking dinner and cocktails and hoping to not be over served.

Third what do I wear? I am gonna play it safe no mini-skirts or stripper shoes I tend to save those for the second date, or maybe now that I am older the third. Perhaps a new top and jewerly a trip to Kohls may help with that.

Now that I have resorted to relying on the people of the Internet to give me advice, I am going to back away and see what you all throw my way and digest the contents that should flood my inbox in about five minutes. Stay tuned for more details if they should become available. If you will excuse me I have to finish my salad in my attempt to lose at least ten pounds by Saturday.

6 comments:

Kellie Bray said...

2 years for the girlfriend? I say no. Think about it.....If they had just stared dating, then OK....but 2 years is a relationship and you do not want to get in the middle of it. See what we think of SD trailor trash....don't become her. I am sorry, I wanted you to get your cobwebs cleaned....but I say no.

Anonymous said...

Cobwebs cleaned. Too F'in funny.
But I agree with Dr. Bray...maybe you can just have casual drinks and explain to him that although you ARE interested, YOU have been the one cheated on before and do not wish to put anyone else in that position. If their relationship truly fizzles out, tell him you'd be happy to see him then.

I too, am sorry about your cobwebs...

Anonymous said...

a friend of mine once told me (regarding relationships) we tend to do to others the things that have been done to us. i'll leave it at that...

Superstar said...

You already know what the right thing is to do. You just need affirmation. I like what diva me said. Start off on the right foot. Let him know, you are worth more than a side dish. If he wants to ask you out on a date, he needs to be DONE with his current relationship. PERIOD. DONE. Don't start a relationship with (another) cheater. But, if you think you can say that straight up, then why not meet up with him and tell him over dinner? But, don't set yourself up if you know you won't be gutsy enough to say it to his face. If that's the case, call him or whatever and DON'T go! Wait until he can ask you out honostly.
love you! And it's easy to preach, but I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. So, no judging from this sista!

The 311 Boys Mom said...

Good for you & once you pass 30 you can pull out the out the lowrise mini & stipper pole & heels in the middle of HOTT date 2 that ended you back at your/his house.

About his GF; yeah, you're the other girl. Still doesn't mean he might not be FH material......but yeah, he's a cheater, too.

i"d still go; but I'm an ex stipper & ex-"other girl'. . . . dont' worry about what others say. . . you have to know if it feels right or if you can look at yourself in the mirror

as for clothes...cute top (to make the waist little & boobs bigger; but not all exposed), studs in the ears, a ring or none & couple braclets. not hanging earings/necklaces.

it'll take from the new do

**also remember you know me & I'm not passing judgement & I think its FINE to go--beyond 3 dates, you'll need to re-evaluate & if he hasn't dumped her, he probly won't.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

AND you neeed to make it CLEAR you wont' be the "OTHER woman" past thsi or (one or 2 more) you can't be serious with a cheater..been there done that.

btu girl, go out, eat, laugh (state the other right in the begining); PRACTICE what you'll do when you can "clean out the cobwebs"

& I went 3 yrs with out, so you're fine. :o)