Tuesday, April 15, 2008

SIS

I can remember the day this girl Ashley Rose came into my world 23 years ago today. Ashley had a full head of jet black curly hair, a small cherry red birth mark on top of her head(that has since faded) and big blue eyes with eyelashes so dark with no need for mascara. I was 12 at the time of her birth and loved taking her for walks, dressing her up and fixing her hair that needed pig tails by the time she was six months old. We shared a room together and for the three years of her life every time she would make a sound I would bring her to bed with me. I felt this girl was my own real life baby doll. After school she would run to the front door to greet me with a book in hand and demand I sit and read to her. Those days are now gone but what is left is a great friendship in a sister that is 23 years old today. A sister who is ever so giving, loving and caring when she isn't suffering from that time of the month.
Happy Birthday SIS!!
Aunt Ashey as she is known by her favorite niece in the world. The only niece she will share dipping dots with of the cookies and cream variety!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's like she's come full circle with her & morgan, & you & she...how cute!

K said...

Happy Birthday!