Friday, June 6, 2008

Pony Sticker Momma

Yesterday Morgan had to get the last four shots of her baby life. The next time she will have to get vaccinated will be when she is 4 and that is just about enough time for me to calm down and stop shaking. I have this huge I mean HUGE anxiety problem when it comes to vaccines. When I search the internet for pros and cons it is so overwhelming that my brain shuts down. Then I end up going to the doctor and having them torture, I mean stick her tiny little legs, while they tell me to hold down her arms all the while she is screaming in my face MOMMA!!!!! It is heart breaking and as I hold back the tears and tell her what a big girl she is I hope and pray that the injection she just got won't throw her into a different world that I read about on the internet. I know the vaccine is much better than running the risk of catching a disease that may be life threatening. As a reward for torture they gave Morgan band-aids with my little pony on them which made her happy for about a minute. The ride home she would quiver her bottom lip and say pony sticker momma, pony sticker.
For the next week I will be monitoring Morgan for any bit of abnormal behavior or fever, and cursing to myself the decision I made for my child, if she falls ill. One thing I know for sure is the girls love of music did not go away, because this morning while opening her eyes she looked at me and smiled and pointed at the alarm clock "music on". You have to be sure when you say "music" it sounds like mU-sick in a baby voice a sound that will truly melt any ones heart I assure you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty new header.

you're talking about the MMR, right? i dreaded that one too.

Anonymous said...

That's weird...I just looked at Dean's immunization report (shut it, it's in my purse) and he did not get the MMR, but he did get shots for measles, mumps and ruebella. That has a date next to it. MMR is blank??

Kellie Bray said...

MMR is a combo shot of measles, mumps & ruebella. He is covered.