Friday, July 25, 2008

Make up my mind already

So it is Friday and I managed to get through another week of well motherhood, the job that is both fulfilling and exhausting at the same time. I have not had a "break" in a long time, and by that I mean an afternoon to myself without having to worry about when to shovel food into the mouth of an on the go toddler, making sure bath time cleans every crevice, and pulling off the ever so welcoming bedtime, just so I can put on a load of laundry without a red sock being tossed into the whites! SD decided he wanted to do some parenting today so he will be picking up Morgan from his mom and she will be spending the night at his house tonight, so far. After the chain of events that has happened in his life in the past six months that could all change, but saying it doesn't change. What should I do tonight??
It seems that all the friends I once ventured to dinner with or grabbed a drink with have all moved on to create these families and lives. No one jumps on a whim anymore everything needs to be carefully planned and significant others need to know when they will be home. So I am tinkering these ideas
a) going to dinner on my own and walking around an outdoor mall where I can glance at pretty things that I can't buy.
b) maybe a movie, not a love movie but perhaps Batman, maybe I can share my popcorn with the comic book geek who sits next to me.
c) talk a walk down to the river where speed boat novelist will be hootin and hollowin in their wife beater tank tops at the Riverfest.
d) stay home and open the bottle of Cabernet that has accumulated dust and dog hair from the wine rack and clean the sticky finger prints that have taken over the hallway.
e) suggest an alternative
If there is one thing you do today while you look busy at work consider making up my mind please. Ready GO!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riverfest! whooo hooo babay! maybe you could flash a boat & cause a scene

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I'm going running! lol

by myself (which I rarely am) I'd say you should go eat, WITH A GOOD BOOK, (so go to Borders or Barnes & Nobel first), I have a GREAT summer read I just started (she writes like I talk), then eat, then go to a bar & sit at the bar & have a drink or 2. SMILE at people—maybe talk to a stranger-- & go home & sleep all night till you fee like waking up.

OK, so I DON"T do that...I do it at lunch, (minus the bar/alcohol part).....book, lunch, & QUIET---I have gone to the movies & dinner by myself LOTS & the bar a couple times--its how I got Shane.....so, its a flip of the coin, there. Lol

BOOK: “Queen of Babble in the Big City”
Its her second book, but I can’t find the first one---I think she’s from AA, Michigan too.

Anonymous said...

Yee Ha, a night to do ANYTHING. I am glad to hear you did not put cleaning on your list. I wish I could join you, but I am one of the biggest non-spontanious ladies. We are going to a mom-me campout girls only!! So my vote would be to go for the walk outside. You can hit the mall this winter, and you know you will spend money if you go there. I think you need some sunshine and fresh air. Riverfest sounds odd, but good. talk to you later Sista, Pickel Head

Anonymous said...

Riverfest. Go, grab a glass of wine from some carnie looking street vendor and sit down in the grass and relax. Then have another glass of wine. Sit down and relax. Then have another glass of wine, start to think carnie street vendor is cute...

Anonymous said...

My advice is the dinner and window shopping...

I love just walking around a mall and looking at things, even if I can't buy them.

K said...

What did you do?