Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Meandering #9

Let me just say so far today my hair looks GREAT! In fact I have not used my curling iron in two weeks because after my last hair cut (the cut that put short as too short when she used the razor on my neck) has forced me to use my round brush to style my hair. The round brush is a technique that is hard to pick up on if you don't have good wrist action and mind mirror control, the first time I tried it I was all sweaty and had to re-apply my eye make-up because I thought for sure I was going to get my hair wrapped around the brush and have to cut it out then I would have to go for a shorter cut to make up for the bald spot I just self-inflicted onto myself. But I'm good and the cut is looking better everyday.
Friday I went to see The Dark Knight! where I made a comment to the young gentleman selling me the ticket to which I was paying only$4.50 for "not only am I cheap but I am probably the only person in this town that has not seen this movie?" he replied "yes I think you are" and I am not sure if he meant the cheap part or the only one who has not poured 155 million more into this movie last weekend! I kindly chuckled but after the movie I thought about calling the Joker and putting a hit on his azz! If you have not seen the movie and you do not want to be sucked into another pathetic love story with a happy ending, then this is your movie don't say I didn't warn you though the tissue you would have brought to dry your eyes for the love story, you may need to keep to dry your seat cause a couple times you might need it.
Saturday I am more than happy to say I DID NOT DRIVE.ANYWHERE! I woke up at 6am and had to kick myself because I did not have a child who would be demanding breakfast or milk, although I do love waking up to Morgan on the weekends and snuggle in bed and in no hurry to get out the door. But my morning was more relaxed so I rolled back over to sleep and was surprised that I did not actually roll out of bed till almost 9am! SD had Morgan delivered home around 11am, which was perfect timing so I could do a little cleaning and have hot coffee before her arrival. Later in the afternoon, My sweet BFF&A along with her significant other(who will remain without an acronym until I come up with something witty) and happy child came to my house. Not only did Morgan and I enjoy the company but they brought food and beer, it was everything I dreamed a weekend day at home would be less the boyfriend I need to tuck me in at night(wink.wink) where are you my prince??
Sunday after church we figured we would travel to the ends of earth since we didn't drive on Saturday, we went to a place they call Turtle Cove(which is 65+ miles from home). My nephew Luke had been wanting to see Morgan and I could not resist saying no to him on the phone. So we drove for over an hour to soak in a pool with 4,000 other sweaty patrons which was fun for the kids until someone pooped in the pool. Yes I said POOPED in the pool! Of course they sent in the heavy hairy guy to scoop out the mess with a skimmer the only thing missing from a perfect picture taking opportunity was the camera, so thank God for that! We went to visit family I hardly ever see anymore while we were on that side of the world and invited ourselves to dinner where we dined on steak, hamburgers, sausage, and noodle roni, oh the cucumbers were good too.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have not seen Dark Night yet.
how did you get in for only $4.50?

The 311 Boys Mom said...

I took Park to see it the Saturday it opened--he feel asleep. lol

as for the water park--if it a wave pool?? there's Stoney Creek Metro Park--off Stoney Creek Rd---you should check it out when you wanna ALMOST cross state lines again (@ 65 miles you were almost to Ohio)--anyway,. they have all that in the kid area & a wave pool & its super duper nice!!!---probly 5-10 min from where you were.

Otherwise, my SIL took her kiddies to a splash/sprinkler pad in plymouth off Hines--I’m pretty sure its free & you can take a picnic, as its HINES--the clean & nice part.

Save you about 25+ miles & money & they have the playground right there too. I may take the kids on Tuesday, after work...I gotta see; I've been just takin them to teh Liv Rec for that small one.

Kellie Bray said...

Looks like we were both at a waterpark this past weekend! At least you didn't have any injuries.....well you did have a Baby Ruth floater! That's just as bad...lol

Anonymous said...

How about HAH (Her Adorable Husband)?

Anonymous said...

How about HAH (Her Adorable Husband)?