Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good Ol' Fall

I don't know about you but we have had the furnace on already and it hasn't been but a week. Morgan has come down with some kind of illness that has brought a temperature and nothing else. Tell me what are some of your tricks to drown out a bossy toddler who refuses to take a nap? and insists that Mommie's bed is the bed where she wants to sleep and oh not before you read a book, then get another drink of juice, then it is just a plain out screaming Mommie, Mommie when you lay her in the crib only to find her ten minutes later curled up in the fetus position in the corner of the crib. I am underpaid around here, having to deal with terrible twos makes me want to hide in the closet with a bag of M&M's only I know she will find me the girl has a nose for chocolate!
So Fall is here and I do like the change of colors on the trees. The last bit of color before everything is just white and grey then mud all over. The smell of cider is in the air. We have not ventured to the cider mill yet, but my friend Annette came by on Sunday afternoon with a treat of donuts, cider and cute pumpkin Morgan calls fuzzy. I think with Morgan's mature 2 year old status Halloween will be much more fun this year. My daycare is fully decorated, to see Morgans eyes to point uncontrollably at pumpkins and lights and skeletons, OH Morgan go SEE NOW! What a joy to see her happy and say everything she sees is awesome!
I am going to leave you with a Halloween costume preview with me modeling the hat of course, I am working on getting her to keep anything in her hair or on her head. Another phase I hope she grows out of. What are you kids going to be for Halloween??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be having a spiderman, and a pirate or a witch she isnt sure yet, but she is absolutely positive that cash is being spiderman! lol
xoxo A

Your Special Cake! said...

Mine have decided to be the Blues Brothers. Go figure!

Kellie Bray said...

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

(Michelle-you may not know this one yet-Morgan is too young for it)

Anonymous said...

is that a dragontale?
we have a white power ranger & a purple fairy.
usually we have a family theme, but i don't have the energy this year...

Anonymous said...

Well, since we're dishing our costumes, we'll be a Dinasaur this year. Last year Chris, Dean and I all dressed up scary like. This year, Dean is a dinasaur and we are innocent by standers.

CC said...

we have a pirate and a witch. And No, I'm not the witch!