Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Meandering #15

Hey there thought I would entertain you, yeha I wish you would all stop expecting clowns and circus animals. If your expecting me to tell you I had a complete and utter free weekend without having to drive anywhere or hold any schedule well then you came to the right place.
It was refreshing and totally unexpected to have SD pick up Morgan for me on Friday afternoon. I lowered my expectation level with SD and stopped getting mad that I am the only one pulling the weight around here. It is what it is and I have to accept it. Which meant that I drove straight home from work and didn't even notice the radio wasn't on for 25 minutes of my drive, by the time I did notice it I left it off because holy cow silence is Golden!
When I got home Morgan and I pulled dead flowers from the flower beds in front of the house the ones my sister planted and promised to tend but we won't go there. The sister bitching will only lead to me telling you about her moving back in with me and bringing her cat, the cat that shits more than any cat I have ever owned, the cat box she promised she would clean everyday because I think she knew about the shit machine before she brought it into my home. The sister and her cat that will soon be moving into the garage if she doesn't stop giving me attitude when I suggest she clean the cat box today!! ooopppppsss sorry just a little bitter........
Saturday was a complete and blissful day of rest. Except the one fact that my body woke me up at 5:50am, I popped open my eyes, then my heart began to race WTF what day is it?? I laid in bed listening for Morgan who didn't wake until after 7am. It was nice to snuggle such a happy and rested toddler and listen to her giggle every time I told her she had milk breathe! Most of the day was spent vacuuming floors, folding laundry, washing dishes and being chased by a pink dinosaur. Of course we did enjoy some time outdoors with the Indian summer like temperatures we are having. My friend Annette came by to visit to take some of the landscaping bricks from the yard.
Speaking of clowns and circus acts I have a birthday party to plan that happens in two weeks. I told myself before I had children that I would only celebrated the momentous birthdays say 1, 5, 10, 16....why is it necessary to throw a big shin dig of people year after year, a mix of people who don't normally hang out together in the first place??? well I am not sure why I am not listening to my gut to throw this big party but only for the love of my baby girl who will be 2! A girl who I am sure will be completely overwhelmed by the amount of people singing to her. A birthday party that will be assembled at my house in 2 weeks. A birthday party that will be pulled out of my rear because procrastination is my middle name and funds would be the second from last. But hey I am having a popcorn machine and plenty of sugar filled snacks to please the masses arriving just in time. Also thinking a rubber room with a lock on the outside should be installed just in case a relative or two gets out of hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Only the important birthdays? Ouch, that's harsh mommy! ;p)

I think you'll continue to cave in every year.

Anonymous said...

I love listening to your meanderings. Such a great recap of a wonderful weekend. Too bad nothing was mentioned about going to Pankiewicz cider mill.~ I think your time was well spent. Glad you are enjoying the fall with your sweet heart. tmp